...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 10 PM this evening to 6 PM EST Monday... ...Winter Storm Watch in effect from Monday evening through Tuesday afternoon...
The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington has issued a Winter Storm Watch...which is in effect from Monday evening through Tuesday afternoon. The Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect tonight through Monday.
* Precipitation type...snow...possibly heavy at times.
* Accumulations...2 to 4 inches expected tonight through Monday...with an additional 3 to 5 inches possible Monday night through Tuesday.
* Timing...snow will begin late tonight and continue through Tuesday. The heaviest snowfall will occur between early Monday morning and Monday afternoon...with another round of heavy snow possible Monday night.
* Temperatures...in the upper 20s.
* Winds...north 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph Monday night and Tuesday.
* Impacts...roads will be snow covered and slippery with visibilities being reduced to near one-quarter mile at times. The combination of snow covered roads and low visibility will make traveling dangerous.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow...sleet...or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.