... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from this evening through
* locations... along and just west of the Blue Ridge mountains.
* Hazard types... snow showers.
* Accumulations... occasional snow showers will persist through
mid week resulting in moderate to heavy accumulations of snow
especially along higher ridge tops and west facing slopes.
* Timing... rain mixed with snow today will change to all snow
tonight... with all snow expected the rest of the week.
* Impacts... roads will become snow covered and slick.
* Temperatures... in the 30s today... dropping below freezing
tonight and remaining in the teens and 20s for the rest of the
* Wind chills... as cold as 5 to 15 below zero Wednesday night.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Wythe Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Issued: 04:11 EST Feb. 8, 2016 – National Weather Service