...Winter Storm Watch in effect from late Wednesday morning through early Thursday morning...
The National Weather Service in Burlington has issued a Winter Storm Watch...which is in effect from late Wednesday morning through early Thursday morning.
* Locations...south-central Vermont and east-central Vermont.
* Hazard types...snow.
* Accumulations...4 to 8 inches of wet snow.
* Maximum snowfall rate...up to an inch per hour...heaviest Wednesday evening through midnight.
* Timing...snow will overspread the region from south to north late morning to early afternoon Wednesday...with periods of moderate snow Wednesday evening until the pre-dawn hours on Thanksgiving.
* Impacts...travel will be slow Wednesday afternoon through Wednesday night due to snow covered roadways and low visibility in falling snow. Allow plenty of extra time to travel.
* Winds...north 5 to 10 mph.
* Temperatures...highs in the lower 30s. Lows in the mid 20s.
* Visibilities...down to one half mile at times.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio...your local media...or go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this weather situation.