... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 5 PM this
afternoon to noon MST Saturday...
* impacts... moderate to heavy snow combined with blowing and
drifting snow will cause periods of low visibility and snow
covered roads resulting into hazardous driving conditions above
5000 feet. Periods of blizzard like condiitons are possible this
evening into Saturday morning.
* Timing... a winter storm will impact the region into Saturday
morning. Expect generally light snow today. Snow intensity will
increase later this afternoon... becoming heavy snow tonight and
continuing into Saturday morning.
* Snow accumulations... 6 to 12 inches between 5500 and 7000 feet
and 12 to 24 inches above 7000 feet.
* Snow levels... 6000 feet this morning... 5500 feet this
afternoon... 4000 feet tonight and Saturday morning.
* Winds... southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph this
morning... then southwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts
up to 55 mph this afternoon into Saturday morning.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
weather.Gov/Tucson and click on the detailed hazards tab
A Winter Storm Warning means heavy snow accumulations are
expected. Gusty winds and blowing snow are also possible. This
will make travel very difficult or impossible... especially in the
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... commercial television or radio
stations... or your cable television service provider for updates
on this winter storm.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Baboquivari Mountains including Kitt Peak Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 02:39 MST Jan. 20, 2017 – National Weather Service