... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 6 am Tuesday to
noon CST Wednesday...
* timing... light snow may begin by the late morning hours or
around mid-day... with heavy snow developing by the afternoon and
evening. Snow will gradually end Wednesday morning.
* Snow accumulations... total snow accumulations of 6 to 10 inches
are possible... with isolated amounts up to 12". There may be a
very heavy localized band of heavy snow possible by Tuesday
* Winds / visibilities... significant reductions in visibility
are possible in the falling snow... and also in blowing snow as
northerly winds increase to 20 to 30 mph with occasional gusts
over 30 mph Tuesday night.
* Impacts... plan on difficult driving conditions Tuesday...
including during the Tuesday evening commute... as roads will
become snow covered quickly.
* Wind and visibility... north wind 20 to 30 mph with gusts over
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow and blowing snow means
severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring.
Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel
dangerous... and visibilities will be limited further due to
strong winds blowing snow around. Only travel in an emergency.
If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight... food... and water
in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
O'Brien Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 21:24 CST Jan. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service