... Lake effect snow warning remains in effect until 7 PM EST
* lake effect snow will continue through Friday. The heaviest snow
is expected through tonight.
* Northwest winds gusting up to 30 mph near Lake Superior will lead
to patchy blowing and drifting snow along the shoreline this afternoon
* Expect snowfall through this afternoon of 2 to 4 inches near Lake
Superior... greatest over the higher terrain from Herman to
Negaunee to Little Lake. South of a line from Champion to
Gwinn... expect 1 to 3 inches of snow. Expect another 5 to 8 inches
tonight along and east of Highway 41 south of Harvey... with 3 to 5
inches elsewhere near Lake Superior and only light accumulations
well inland. A few more inches of additional accumulation are
expected near Lake Superior Friday... especially to the east of
* roads will be snow covered and slippery.
* Moderate to heavy snow and patchy blowing snow will reduce
visibilities. The lowest visibilities... less than one-half mile at
times... will occur this afternoon through tonight.
* The worst conditions will be along and near Lake Superior.
* a lake effect snow warning means significant amounts of lake-
effect snow are forecast that will make travel very hazardous
* Prepare... plan... and stay informed. Visit www.Weather.Gov/MQT
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Baraga Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Lake Effect Snow Warning
Issued: 12:37 EST Dec. 8, 2016 – National Weather Service