... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 7 am EST
* periods of light snow this evening will become steadier and
* The heaviest snowfall rates over 1 inch per hour will occur
between midnight and 6 am Saturday.
* Winds gusting as high as 35 mph will cause areas of blowing
and drifting snow, especially near Lake Superior.
* Expect an additional 3 to 8 inches of snow tonight. The
heaviest snow is most likely over the higher terrain from
Herman to Ishpeming and Negaunee. The least snow will fall
well inland from Witch Lake to Arnold.
* travel will be difficult at times, especially overnight as
areas of snow and blowing snow increase.
* a Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow,
sleet, and ice are expected. Strong winds are also possible.
This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
* Prepare, plan, and stay informed. Visit www.Weather.Gov/MQT
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Baraga Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 21:10 EST Feb. 24, 2017 – National Weather Service