... Heat advisory in effect from 10 am this morning to 10 PM EDT
The National Weather Service in Detroit/Pontiac has issued a heat
advisory... which is in effect from 10 am this morning to 10 PM
EDT this evening.
* temperatures will again warm into the lower and mid 90s this
afternoon across Metro Detroit.
* There will be less humidity today but still enough to produce
heat indices in the mid to upper 90s.
* the cumulative effect of the third day of heat will create
additional heat stresses.
* Those spending time outdoors will be susceptible to dehydration
and heat-related illness.
* Elderly persons... outdoor pets... and those without air
conditioning will also be subject to heat stress.
A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity
will combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses are
possible. Drink plenty of fluids... stay in an air-conditioned
room... stay out of the sun... and check up on relatives and
Take extra precautions... if you work or spend time outside.
When possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning
or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and
heat stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work... the occupational safety
and health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest
breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome
by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat
stroke is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
* Prepare... plan... and stay informed. Visit